Re: white boy laptop

From: Kim Cascone <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> Laptop music, to me, should not be limited to the confines of "being White
>> and in Front Of A Computer" as much as jazz should not be limited to the
>> confines of being black in America.
>
> but it would be a much needed and welcome broadening of the color palette to
> see more black and latin men/women sitting behind laptops and involved with
> electronic music in general

in 2002, i thing, the wire had an interesting article about electronic music
in palestine (?? i think. not 100% sure). well, anyway about electronic
music in a country with very limited supply of musical instruments. but they
had computers, and a good supply of cracked software, result: an active
techno-punk underground.

 t-mu

]]] tkorpipa@xxxxxxxxx                                [[[
[[[ "Darling Cheesehead said I was a yard too greasy" ]]]