audio interface

hi list
i'm sure this question was raised before:

i'm looking for a new sound card for my g3 powerbook (after my vx pocket
broke down yesterday). it should be one that i can use with the laptop but
also with my g4 computer (pci card).

i'm trying to decide between the hammerfall multiface (with both pci cards
for g3 and g4) which is good but expensive and i'm unsure about the small
connector plug for the powerbook slot. seems similar to the vx pocket thing
and this was very fragile and finally broke...

the other option would be a motu 828 firewire interface. then i could also
work with an ibook (or any laptop without a card slot). it's less expensive
but larger to carry around.

does anybody have any experiences with these interfaces or have any
experience with the firewire connection of the motu (reliability, speed,
etc)? any other suggestions or ideas?
or maybe any other good audio interface i don't know?

thanx beforehand for any response (and sorry if i wasted your time and
bandwith).
ciao, ralph.