new: Sawako and Quiet American

grain of sound
proudly presents two new releases from sawako and quiet american

sawako - "cotor:"

gos011 / 2003
cdr
packaging: clamshell case with a 3" printed label onto a 5" cd

Cotor: contains 7 tracks of austere, minimal sound-art-scapes, some field
recordings, a sampled piano and sine waves combined in a unique blend.

Sawako, the tokyo digital mutation girl, has been performing live in many countries and different venues like subtonic (NYC), offsite (Tokyo) and Batofar (Paris). She has collaborations with Andrew Deutsch and Hypo among others. Her soundscapes are graced with beautiful silences, "petite" sounds, mixer feedback, computer processing and field recordings.

quiet american - "rockets of the mekong"

gos012 / 2003
cdr
packaging: clamshell case with a 3" printed label onto a 5" cd

Notes on  "Rockets of the Mekong" by Aaron Ximm  (aka quiet american):

For the last five years, I have been working with field recordings as a sole source material for making sound art. I use no other instruments.
I am interested in presenting both raw recordings, which reveal a particular time and place, and in using raw recordings to make compositions.

'Rockets of the Mekong' is a lyrical study of my travels in Laos. It is
composed entirely with sound I recorded there on my honeymoon in 2000. It
seeks to flow from raw or almost-raw recordings into procedural study.
Recently I have become interested in the application of specific repetitive
processes as a compositional technique. The results of these techniques,
while still recognizable as coming from the same mind as my earlier, more
conventional compositions, are quite different in their execution and goals.

refresh your bookmark and get the details about the records and the sound
artists at:

www.grainofsound.com

www.quietamerican.org

http://homepage.mac.com/oto_s

we are also very proud to announce two new "hotspots" selling the grain of sound releases: the great north american distributor, Anomalous Records, and the not less great A-Musik store in Cologne, Germany.

P.O. Box 22195, Seattle, WA  98122-0195, USA
http://www.anomalousrecords.com

Kleiner Griechenmarkt 28-30
50676 Köln, Germany
http://www.a-musik.com