13.06.03 - framework playlist

------=_NextPart_000_00EA_01C337F0.280C9DA0

framework is broadcast alternate fridays on resonance fm 104.4 in london =
(uk), or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com between 8:30 and 9:30pm =
gmt=20
(time zone converter: =
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/?h=3D8&mn=3D30&ap=3Dpm&mo=3D6&d=3D27&y=3D2=
003&f=3DGB)

next broadcast: 27.06.03

RESONANCE FM IS RUN ALMOST ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS.  AS WE CELEBRATE OUT =
FIRST ANNIVERSARY, WE ARE ALSO SEEKING YOUR AID:  PLEASE CONSIDER =
DONATING TO RESONANCE, OR PARTICIPATING IN OUR ONGOING AUCTION.  CHECK =
OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: =
HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

=20

-------

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized =
sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

we began this edition, after an intro recorded by mike shannon, with a =
mix of tracks from several recent releases on the u.s. label =
groundfault: eric cordier, christian renou (previously known as brume), =
vertonen (a project by blake edwards, who runs the c.i.p. record label, =
whose crawl unit release we featured last time) and a collaborative cd =
between tidal, chaos as shelter and igor krutogolov; some very =
complimentary sounds on these releases!  we then moved on to quite a mix =
of sounds, featuring sarah peebles, a recent steve roden release and an =
older francisco lopez piece.  we gave away a cd as well:  steve and =
francisco's collaborative release on the french label fario, le chemin =
du paradis, which we featured a while back, was snapped up by harold =
schellinx, listening from vincennes in france.  congrats!  giving stuff =
away is something we're going to try to do more regularly from now on, =
so listen in if you can!

our next edition will feature the long-awaited next installments in the =
phonography.org compilation series, along with some new work by toyisha =
tsunoda and meri von kleinsmid.  i'm also running low on intros, so if =
you've been considering recording one but haven't got round to it, now's =
the time!  see below for instructions (and see below that for a plug for =
a show i'll be doing in london in a few weeks time.  if you can come =
down please say hello!).

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw =
field recordings or field recording based composition.  send material, =
released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also =
hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in =
or passing through london please get in touch!=20

=20
framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework@xxxxxxxxxx

-------

30.05.03

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

mike shannon  /  framework intro
featuring some heavy florida rains and the voice of his mother, mary =
eileen shannon
joystreetstudios@xxxxxxxxxxx

eric cordier  /  les os longs  /  digitalis purpurea  /  groundfault
abstract shimmering tones and concrete trains and traffic first =
performed at festival tramway in 1996
cheveches@xxxxxxx, http://www.kaon.org/eric_cordier/, =
http://www.groundfault.net

tidal / chaos as shelter / igor krutogolov  /  exile  /  ingathering of =
exiles  /  groundfault
mechanical drones and metal and glass blowing in the wind, complimenting =
nicely cordier's pure tones
tidal65@xxxxxxx, njstudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, www.groundfault.net

vertonen  /  the last great circus of desperate heritage  /  the ocean =
is gone, the ship is next  /  groundfault
rumble and record static make way for looped tones leading us nicely =
into our last groundfault track...
vertonen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.crippledintellectproductions.net/, =
http://www.groundfault.net

christian renou  /  fragments and articulations no. 2  /  fragments and =
articulations  /  groundfault
a field recording from the riva bella reprocessed by a damaged computer =
created these shifting drones
http://www.groundfault.net

dajuin yao  /  writing of sounds of writing  /  cinnabar red drizzle  /  =
juxiang music
firecrackers and sounds of writing: pen, typing, calligraphy rubbings, =
and discussions on writing
http://www.juxiang.com

sarah peebles  /  shinjuku station (south entrance)  /  108 - walking =
through tokyo at the turn of the century  /  post-concrete
beautiful untreated recordings of urban tokyo environments, this one =
full of bodies and change dropping into turnstiles
http://www.interlog.com/~speeb, http://www.post-concrete.com

sarah peebles  /  pachinko (yotsuya)  /  108 - walking through tokyo at =
the turn of the century  /  post-concrete
this track features the chaos of a pachinko parlous, japan's answer to =
the slot machine (or maybe pinball machine?)
http://www.interlog.com/~speeb, http://www.post-concrete.com

steve roden  /  excerpt  /  resonant cities  /  trente oiseaux
recordings from several different cities make up this single long =
flowing track, recorded for the kunst radio project 'frequency'
http://www.inbetweennoise.com, http://www.trenteoiseaux.com

francisco lopez  /  untitled #101  /  untitled (2000)  /  ignis projekt
one of francisco's collection of natural recordings, a collage of =
buzzing insects and singing frogs
http://www.franciscolopez.net, http://www.ignisprojekt.com/

omnid  /  10/29/02  /  peach tree  /  shadow puppet
untreated document of a single peach tree recorded via contact mics over =
the course of a single winter
omnid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.geocities.com/omnid2003/omnid2003.html=20

b owen  /  excerpt  /  2002 field recording journal excerpts  /  -
a selection of short tracks from this 3" cdr of delicate untreated =
recordings
oidarenot@xxxxxxxxxxx

-------

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your =
choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in =
composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears =
and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish =
speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an =
mp3 via email

thanks!

-------

a production by company URBA

live phonography by MURMER

choreography HELENE FORLOT

K.A.

July 10th & 11th, 8pm

Hoxton Hall
130 Hoxton Street, N1
booking:  020 7739 5431
www.hoxtonhall.co.uk
www.urbashows.com

With their latest creation, French company URBA and murmer propose the =
theme of the subconscious.  This is not a conceptual proposition.  We =
work with images that come to us either in dreams or through sensations =
and emotions of day to day life.  These images and movements have no =
prescribed explanation - their significance lies within our own =
subconscious.  The collage of image, sound and movement follow a =
non-narrative progression of tension and sensation; their repetition =
becomes hypnotic, and the audience enters into their ritual.

Abstracted video images are modified and presented as a sort of collage, =
inspired by or inspiring the creation of sonic material and dance.  The =
process for this creation was simple: from an initial idea, an =
image/sound/movement is presented spontaneously, automatically.  The =
sensations inspired by this are then used to produce supporting =
material.  This method is entirely reciprocal over the three axes of =
K.A.: video, sound and dance.  We create, in a sense, with a system of =
action/reaction, and speak of 'creation through impregnation'.

Working with found sounds and field recordings, murmer's sound work =
recalls our theme through the use of the subconscious sounds of our =
world.  By decontextualizing everyday sounds and using them =
compositionally to enhance and be enhanced by image and movement, K.A.'s =
sound leads the audience to a fresh listening of what we ignore every =
day.  Mechanical drones, traffic, or insects become the objects of our =
attention, at the same time familiar and unfamiliar.  A parallel is =
drawn between the world of photography (light writing) and phonography =
(sound writing):  with photography we frame an image that has caught our =
eye; with phonography we frame a sound that has caught our ear.

=A38 - full

=A36 - concessions

=A34 - Hoxton Hall members

..