slow sound system, july 20 with crucial felix, slub and the legendary jesse belle

------=_Part_14194_2515086.1056303918312

SLOW SOUND SYSTEM=20
lie down and be counted=20

'quality avant chillage' BBCi=20

The slow sound system explores the edge of chillout space: digitals, scapes=
, collage and ethnological forgery. Our irregular slow club is a space to r=
ethink ambience, soundscaping and foreground / background listening, and th=
e place to hear some of the best new music in these fields.=20

This month we host the official afterparty for London Headphones festival, =
which takes place from 12pm-12am on July 19. We have three very special gue=
st artists =85

Crucial Felix (Crucial Systems, Orthlong) promises a serene solo set on sax=
 and SuperCollider. Better known as Timeblind, Chris Sattinger is one of th=
ose mad scientist types. Living in New York, he releases records on Orthlor=
ng Musork and Tigerbeat6. Originally a classical saxophonist he went throug=
h free jazz, early industrial, acid house and into the global (=93proper=93=
) techno scene. Musically he appropriates sounds from 'New Music', dub, ecs=
tatic jazz, jungle, dancehall and techno. Technically he appropriates from =
classic design patterns, constraint programming, AI and rule-based programm=
ing. Using object databases and AI algorithms, Chris Sattinger captures his=
 own performances, impulses and decisions. These are then refined and dubbe=
d back on themselves to isolate and breed their musical qualities. Chris Sa=
ttinger has played live alongside Richie Hawtin, Sven Vath, Joey Beltram an=
d basically everybody else in techno. Recently he has played shows with Mat=
mos, Kid606, Kit Clayton, Arto Lindsay and Jim O'Rourke.=20

Chris is also playing at Not Clickable, The Foundry on 23 July, where he'll=
 be collaborating with Jem Finer (of 1,000 year Longplayer fame). Make sure=
 you're there ...

=93Showing complete irreverence for all the styles of music this record sly=
ly alludes to, Sattinger succeeds in pushing the edge of current electronic=
 music without falling into any kind of genre trap.=93 - kid606=20

=93One of the year's best - and most startling - records.=93 - XLR8R=20

=93... Sattinger carries it out with skill, in the process coming up with a=
 record that sounds unlike anything else.=93 - THE WIRE=20

Slub (fallt, fals.ch) bring us their customised brand of process-based soni=
c improvisations: live generative music using hand-crafted Macintosh and Un=
ix applications (in networked synchrony). With roots in UK electronica and =
tech culture, Slub build their own software environments for creating music=
 in realtime. Only custom composition and DSP software is used - everything=
 you hear is formed by human minds. The result is a rich, multilayered soun=
d; fully controlled, but unpredictable to the point that every performance =
is different.=20

=93... like an army of really pissed off cyborg things bashing their heads =
together inside a big dustbin. Or something ... we, like, like it...=94 (Pl=
ayLouder)=20

On the decks, we welcome back The Legendary Jesse Belle (big chill, sonomu,=
 not clickable). Last time she played at slow sound system she wowed us all=
 with a perfectly balanced set of melancholic, downtempo electronica. Expec=
t more of the same this time round. Don't miss ...=20

Flash workouts, digital stills and slide show manipulations come courtesy o=
f Tom Keene, Jay Ropinsky, the Foundry's CCTV operator and slow sound syste=
m regulars.=20

The show will be simulcast on Resonance 104.4FM from 3-5pm GMT. Set your re=
ceivers, or go to www.resonancefm.com for live streaming audio.=20

Full details below.=20

-----=20

Sound:=20

crucial felix (timeblind / orthlong, tigerbeat6) : live
slub (fallt, fals.ch) : live=20
the legendary jesse belle (big chill, sonomu, not clickable) : dj=20

iMax (53 degrees, grain of sound) : dj=20
crome yellow (scatsta sound system, 8bitrecs) : dj=20
datamath (ladytron) : dj=20

Vision:=20

sumugan sivanesan (d>art, eden project) : diy dvcam assembly
jay ropinsky (klik klak / hardman, berlin) : latest flash manoeuvres=20
iMax (53 degrees) : slideshow and photography=20

the foundry : live CCTV and spy camera=20

-----=20

Details:=20

20 july, 3 - later, free.=20
the foundry, 84-86 great eastern st, london ec2.=20
corner of great eastern st and old st.=20
nearest tube: old st.=20

-----=20

Audio:=20

Latest RealAudio content: go to www.slow-sound.net/sound%20and%20vision.htm=
l.=20

Grain of Sound artists reimagined by iMax, out now: go to www.grainofsound.=
com.=20

-----=20

Contact:=20

the foundry: 0207 739 6900=20
info@xxxxxxxxxx=20
www.foundry.tv=20

slow sound system: 07977 190 141=20
team@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
www.slowsound.net=20

To get off, reply with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.=20

-----=20

Check:=20

www.crucial-systems.com : timeblind microsite
www.musork.com : orthlong musork site
www.slab.org : slab labs and slub microsite=20
www.state51.co.uk/jessebelle : jesse belle microsite=20
www.sonomu.net : sound noise music=20
www.foundry.tv : foundry interactive anti-microsoft hub=20
www.resonancefm.com : 'the best radio station in the world' - the village v=
oice=20
www.jayropinksy.de : slow sound system microvisuals=20
www.grainofsound.com : grain of sound artists reimagined by iMax, out now!=
=20

-----=20

Next:=20

We're co-curating the placard headphones festival on july 19, with slab, 8b=
itrecs, state51, idoia, flow and others. details at http://placard.slab.org=
. after that, we're taking the summer off. back in the early autumn ...=20

You have another chance to catch Crucial Felix at on July 23 at Not Clickab=
le, The Foundry, 7pm. He's duetting with Jem Finer (Long Player). Cursor Mi=
ner is also on the bill, plus regular djs Thorsten Sideb0ard and The Legend=
ary Jesse Belle.=20

-----

SLOW SOUND SYSTEM
Lie down and be counted