Re: [microsound] [ot tek] pc laptop audio interface recommendations...

Hi,

Do NOT buy a midiman interface!!!!

There is one good (great even) thing to say about them: the sound. The
usb quattro really sounds great.

BUT it crashes too often. For example when playing a cd it happens that
it crashes when a new track begins. Which means a very distorted sound.
You must start the track again (or turn off/on the interface) to fix
that problem.

Working in ASIO mode is also a lot of fun with midiman interfaces. After
about 2 minutes they say good-bye with a short click. Then it is silent.
You must re-launch the program to fix that problem. But who would for
another 2 minutes?

Mine also throws in some random clicks and pops now and then.

Plus a few more (minor) problems.

Obviously some people do not have any troubles with midiman interfaces.
But others do! I am not the only one.

I am waiting for the release of the aqua u24m by esi. Its technical
specifications are about the same and if it sounds as good as the
midiman interface but without all those troubles I will definitely buy
it. If you want info about it here is the link:
http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=9&page=1

So don't buy the usb quattro without testing it with your system!

Hope I could help!

maru

--
chmafu nocords - www.nocords.net