Re: [microsound] Introduction

Message text written by microsound

>High remix material here although the recordings themselves seem bland =

musically on the surface.
Good luck in your studies, mind if I steal some of your specimens for =

source in a track?

Thanks,
A<

Dear A,

I must admit that for about the last ten years I have been deliberately
sort of  amusical and even "anti-musical"  within my own personal researc=
realm so as not to be too influenced by the constraints of esthetics. But=

now I am reopening to the possibility of music.

If you listen to the forward scatter specimens you might note there could=

be William Burroughs-esque poetic cut-up potentials in the reflected FM
transmitter receptions.  But I have even opted away from that sort of
pattern recognition because it streams with esthetics and I have been
mostly into aspects like ionosation properties and layers of sound in the=

hopes of discovering something new.

Mostly I am looking for a way to trip with the sound which might require
defeating intellectual musicality modes  in deference to what the central=

nervous system may desire.   Not sure.

Yes, you can remix my stuff  and I would like to hear anything that is
done.

Thomas Ashcraft
 =