london headphones festival, july 19

------=_Part_325_5841063.1056885925771

8bitrecs, not clickable, idoia, slub, disastronaut, flow, .murmer, sonomu.n=
et and the slow sound system proudly present ...=20

placard.=20
london headphones festival.
listen. don=92t listen.

19 july, 12pm-12am, state51, london e2

the cream of London=92s underground electronic music scene =96 and beyond =
=96 is brought together for a day and night of headphone performances.

think of a festival in reverse. performances will only be heard via headpho=
nes in the venue, and broadcast to the world via the net. for once, it=92s =
a perfect opportunity for some focused listening. bring your own headphones=
: plug in, switch on, tune out.

audio and video performances from

John Eacott (Flow, 3Play, Cybersonica) | Jem Finer (Elrino, Longplayer) | S=
i-cut.db (Bip-Hop, Expanding) | Chesh (FatCat, V/VM) | Sumugan Sivanesan (D=
>ART02, Rage, Eden Project) | Colin Potter (Nurse With Wound, United Dairie=
s) | .m u r m e r (S=92Agita, Staalplaat, Framework) | Jonathan Coleclough =
(Staalplaat, Siren/Robot, ICR, Ora) | Richard Thomas (Lo, Quatermass) | Ant=
hony Guerra (TwoThousandAnd) | Casette41/GR. (Fat Cat, Coombe) | Datamath (=
Ladytron, Emperor Norton) | We're Breaking Up (Freedom Of The City, TwoThou=
sandAnd) | Dallas Simpson (T:me/Em:t) | Frederik Oloffson (Cybersonica) | B=
itTonic (Bip-Hop, Law+Auder) | Dual (Coombe, CEE, Dirter) | Max Eastley (Pa=
radigm Discs, EG) | CrowdFormation (Insine.net, Last.fm) | PowerBooks For P=
eace (Alku, Alienation, Insine.net) | Motion (FatCat, 12k, Term, T Um=92) |=
 iMax (Grain Of Sound, Slow Sound System) | Brown Sierra (Noisegate, Nation=
al Express) | Peter Cusack (Resonance FM, Your Favourite London Sound) | Fi=
lmgruppe Chaos (Berlin)| Holkham (Expanding) | Gary Jeff (Eardrum, Mass, Go=
d) | Icarus (Output, Substance, N/A) | Voodoo Muzak vs. David Kristian (Ali=
en8, Laika, God, Idoia) | Ixi Project (Ultrasound, ReadMe, Hello World) | G=
agarin (Geo, Kosmische) | Leafcutter John (Planet Mu, Plug Research), Tex L=
a Homa (8bitrecs, Foehn, Superglider) | AMP (Kranky) | Ryo-Co (Irritant, No=
odles, Worm Interface) | Rashamon (8bitrecs) | LJ Kruzer (Uncharted Audio, =
Kinky Voodoo) | Sick Lincoln (Sonomu.net, MAXIS, Resonance FM) | Frankie Th=
e Robot (SoxaN, Raya, Plunderdelica) | Cursor Miner (Lo, Uncharted Audio) |=
 Jay Ropinsky (Hardman, Pop-Up, Geist, Berlin)

19 july, 12pm-12am, state51, 8-10 rhoda st, london e2 7ef
aldgate east, liverpool st tubes
free entry / donations
pay bar, food, records, merchandise

bring your own headphones!

http://placard.slab.org
placard@xxxxxxxx

robot dj | virtual performance | outer space rock | indietronics | PowerBoo=
k surgery | generative code scribing | phonography  | 4th world experiment =
| hand-held camera | electro-acoustic analysis | slideshow | drones | found=
 sound manipulation | short films | machine beat | electropastorale | voice=
 | vj-ing | digital detritus | binaural audio improvisation | soundscaping =
and collage | flash workouts | white noise | be there=20

-----

please note!

all audio performances last for 20 minutes. all video performances last for=
 1 hour=20

full artist bios are available on the placard website: http://placard.slab.=
org =20

the event is organised by a tag team of London electronic musicians, organi=
sers and promoters: 8bitrecs, not clickable, idoia, slub, disastronaut, flo=
w, .murmer, sonomu.net and the slow sound system

this will be London=92s contribution to a global festival that has been run=
ning in Paris, and more recently Tokyo, for the past six years. check the p=
lacard site for more details: http://placard.slab.org=20

the festival is followed by a slow sound system afterparty at the foundry, =
great eastern st, from 3pm on july 20. featured artists are slub (fals.ch, =
fallt) and crucial felix (aka timeblind, orthlong) live, plus dj the legend=
ary jesse belle (raya, the big chill , not clickable, sonomu.net). see www.=
slowsound.net for more details =20

SLOW SOUND SYSTEM
Lie down and be counted