Re: [microsound] City of the Future: is that it?

--. I've been thinking of writing something on the microsound projects for
awhile. In fact: yes, I will.

I'll send some questions to the list next week designated for both the
creators, the conceptualizers, and the list as a whole.

The piece will discuss the project history, the tracks, as well as the whole
milieu that is microsound.org.

best, tV

> List Members:
>

> I finally downloaded the entire COTF project; it's quite diverse,
> glad to see so many people participating.
> So the big question on my mind is: now what? who else is going to
> hear it? is that it?
>

> .........comment #1 (interior to the list)
>
> I notice that these list-projects happen, go up, & no one says
> anything about them from there except "what are we going to do next?"
> Doesn't anyone have any comments about the content? Who's tracks
> stand out? why? Are we afraid to discuss work we're so close to? I
> know that I wouldn't be offended if someone critiqued/criticized my
> work, and I'd also love to hear reasons why someone liked the tracks
> I submit to things.
>
> One other comment to the organizers: it would be great to have a
> listing of locations for all the contributors; I realize the net kind
> of eliminates distance, but I would really love to know where
> everyone else on this project (or future projects) is from!
>

> ------------
>
> .........comment #2 (exterior to the list)
>

> What about promoting these list-projects in some manner to the rest
> of the electronic music world? Send out Press Releases to mags,
> etc... as a project, it's online & not physical, but some reviewers
> look past the physicality of things... I'm sure we'd get some press
> if we tried.
>
> I would be willing to devise a small project statement one-sheet for
> the project if people are interested; I suppose Kim C. should approve
> any promotional text since he got this project rolling... what do you
> think, Kim?
>

> Thanks,
> Mark Laliberte
>
> VISUAL+TEXT: http://www.marklaliberte.com