Re: [microsound] fwd: Boulez Project Invitation

> so the americans are taking the next step now. book (well, almost)
> burning.
> first victim is a french composer (of course).
> how crude.

It seems to me that you are not giving the instigator of this project
enough credit. I don't personally find it very interesting, but I do at
least appreciate the humor in documenting the destruction of copies of
works by someone who themselves called for such an action rhetorically.

I don't find this any more interesting in execution than in concept,
unless there is something more subtle than the email described.

...but I do think it's silly to simply dismiss this as 'book burning' and
to assume some knee-jerk anti-France sentiment is at work. It may be
crude, but at least it's crude in a funny way, not a fascist one.

My $.02...

 aaron

  ghede@xxxxxxxx
  http://www.quietamerican.org