Re: [microsound] [CD Review] David Sylvian

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:25:41 -0700 cramakrishnan@xxxxxxx writes:

> I learned of David Sylvian's new recording, "Blemish" (on Samadhi
> Sound), when I heard on the radio what was unmistakably Derek Bailey
> on guitar... but he was accompanying a singer. I had to call up the
> radio station to find out what it was. It turns out that Bailey is
> on a total three tracks, and that Christian Fennesz appears on one.

Hmm, thanks for the report. I've wondered about the Fennesz/Sylvian
collaboration, ever since I saw mention of it on the Fennesz site a while
back. There's always been a place in my cd collection for some of
Sylvian's older work (solo & with Japan), so it's good to see him
stepping into newer areas. Actually, I *almost* had an opportunity to
work with Sylvian myself back in the 90s, via a former project of mine,
but that's another story...  :)
Cheers, Dale

Dale Lloyd:  http://www.and-oar.org/dalelloyd.html

and/OAR:  http://www.and-oar.org/