From: "Andrea Valle" <marta_andrea@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: R: [microsound] the Cage fire...

Cage considered recordings as "postcards".
When asked to write a percussion piece explicitly for a recording he
composed a piece of exactly 74 minutes - CD lenght, in order to "make sense"
of the specificity of the operation.
Not to be particularly interested in anything doesn't not imply to dislike
it.
In this case, I don't think he's particularly dada.