  From: ralph steinbr=FCchel=20
  To: microsound=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 6:14 PM
  Subject: Re: [microsound] frequencies hz (the continuation)

  well, in my opinion it seems like the reviewer payed to much attention =
to=20
  the text in the booklet instead of the music on the cd. maybe he =
studied to
  much...

  i happen to be one of those "boring" artists with a track on the =
compilation
  which seems to suck and i myself (and not because i'm part of the =
comp, but
  of course nobody will believe that) think that it's a very good =
compilation.

  the whole concept of the compilation was simply to bring together all =
the
  artists that have performed during the performance series which was =
held in
  connection with the frequenzen [hz] exhibition at the schirn =
kunsthalle in
  frankfurt in 2002.

  this is also why the correct title of the cd is:

  FREQUENCIES [HZ]
  A COMPILATION OF THE PERFORMANCE SERIES 2002

  that's how it's written on the cover of the cd. the logical reason for =
the
  time limitation was out of the nature to fit all 28 artists onto the =
same
  cd. very simple...

  i myself enjoyed this limitation and tried to create my small world of =
sound
  in those 120 seconds. comparing this to the 20 to 2000 series of
  raster-noton (like the reviewer does) doesn't make any sense at all. =
for
  instance out of the time frame? just a suggestion...

  i see the compilation as a successfull overview of the artists work =
which
  performed during the exhibition was held and of course pan sonic =
sounds like
  pan sonic. that's why they are pan sonic and i'm not...

  and the idea of the 120 bpm restriction was that there are no pauses =
between
  the tracks and so for instance hecker takes straight over after frank
  bretschneider which moves you as a listener from one sound world to =
another
  in a nice pace.

  of course all this is only my opinion.

  have a happy microsoundish night
  ralph.

  ps: and besides the cover is beautiful : )

  ----------
  >Von: Andrew Jones <liminal18@xxxxxxx>
  >An: microsound <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >Betreff: Re: [microsound] Look what this idiot writes!!!!!!
  >Datum: Die, 22. Jul 2003 22:27 Uhr
  >

  > this does have a kinda trying to hard to keep it real vibe, but it
  > sounds
  > like his complaint is well laid out and valid. the collection lacks
  > individuality.
  > it claims to have a conceptual premise that the artists don't make =
good
  > on.
  > Not every compilation of minimal techno is by default good.
  >
  > -
  >

  > On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 04:23 PM, scott allison wrote:
  >
  >> Hahaha, he mis-spelled fallt.
  >>
  >> -scott
  >>
  >>> Various Artists
  >>> Frequencies [Hz]