Re: [microsound] droplifting -- words for the digital detritus .. //drop.lifting & dreams

dear list,

As every online project takes shape, I think of what I can contribute.
Although I also produce sound work, its situational aspect & involvement
with net.art makes the parameters of the .microsound projects not quite wha=
I'm into. Thus, I'd like to propose writing a few thoughts which could be
part of the page (or a linked page) on the .microsound server. These are no=
meant to determine the project itself, or serve as an official credo or
anything of the sort, but simply be taken in the same fashion that a musica=
or sonic submission would be: a contribution toward what we are creating
here, this growing archive of production that has marked .microsound.

Any arts movement has its ideas, dreams, theories--and microsound is no
different (Kim's writings are, of course, well known in this respect). I
think including writing would also offer a context and a historical guide
when we look back on these projects from the future. And not only a few
months from now, but 10, 15, 30 years from now, 100 years from now, when th=
freaks who follow us will search our thoughts and creations for inspiration
in their own worlds. And today: we need this energy today, when faced with
quietism, when art itself seems so bound with capital that its separation
seems unlikely if not impossible. Droplifting, then, is not a strict
man