Re: [microsound] Re: droplifting

yes

Undermining capitalism could start with a group statement, or dada-esque
"manifesto,' which since it never happened as the war drums rattled, isn't
likely now.  It is a disparate group - some will defend capitalism while others
have no strong opinion, others have made critical feelings known.

Also - I am wondering...placing a CDR in a CD store...will it "decontextualize"
the cdr really? if so then maybe it will decontextualize the store as well?  Is
a "steal this CDR" freebie going to go to the employee most likely to frequent
used CD shops for resale? or in his/her collection? Does it matter, since the
project "intent" and not the result pertain?

How about this: everyone turn on their car and every light in the house/flat
and just let it burn, while running every TV/stove/stereo appliance and make a
lot of telephone calls. Flush a lot as well and let the water run. Overwhelming
the system, is that the logical political/artistic extension of droplifitng?

ugh. I'm for an Uday Qusay CDR at this point. "Pictures at an Exhibition," with
freedom sauce.  Sorry to vent. This is not directed at any list member, just an
observation from a very dispirited vantage.

"The only problem with moderation is that you are only moderately opposed to
evil" R.W. Smith