Re: [microsound] [OT] hiphop article

But I think that he is essentially making a point about the majority of
mainstream hip-hop and gangsta rap. The fact that he makes some sweeping
generalizations of hip-hop is unfortunate, but it shouldn't let one be
distracted from the actual points he raises. I, too, was irritated by
statements like "almost all hip-hop, gangsta or not, is delivered with a
cocky, confrontational cadence" or the almost infamous "hip-hop creates
nothing" (his admitting that "of course, not all hip-hop is belligerent or
profane" is not enough to lessen the annoyance) - it seems obvious that he
doesn't have a clue about indie hip-hop or about all those different
sub-genres of - or approaches to - hip-hop. But if you read it whit your
shitfilter turned on - as an argument about the bulk of mainstream hip-hop -
it suddenly seems to make a lot more sense. It made me think, and for that,
I wouldn't consider it just a "piece of bullshit".

            .: visa tapani