Re: [microsound] Laptop audio

--0-24977985-1061146115=:64684

I have an imic (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic/) that I use with my 12" powerbook and it works great live. I even saw kid606 using one on wednesday. it's not really pro quality but it sounds good and isn't noisey. and christ it's only $40! also I use a JL cooper minidesk (http://www.jlcooper.com/pages/cs32.html) that works great but is sometimes hard to see in the dark. hope this helps.

Matthew Larner <ckinetic@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've made the jump from pc to mac recently and bought a powerbook. I was
wondering if anyone has any experience with the Echo Indigo I/O PCMCIA card.
I'm looking for some audio interface (kind of in that price range) and if
the Echo isnt that great, are there any other recommendations? I basically
want to process line in audio and play it back of course. I'm not so
familiar with the "laptop setup" but my desktop is just a sound card
(audigy) with line in attached to a mixer, and then line out to speakers.
Is that pretty much standard?

Also if anyone has any tips for performing live, I'd love to hear, because I
don't have any experience with it.

Thanks alot in advance,

matthew larner
www.groovebots.com