iMic

> I have an imic (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic/) that I use
> with my 12" powerbook and it works great live. I even saw kid606 using one on
> wednesday. it's not really pro quality but it sounds good and isn't noisey.
> and christ it's only $40!
this is the BEST $35.00 I have ever spent on laptop audio...and I swore I
would never use USB audio...the only thing that makes it consumer are the
output jacks which are stereo mini-jax in/out and the level output - which I
assume is -10dB...
the iMic is small, rugged, able to be tossed into a backpack without feeling
any extra weight and ALWAYS works (on a MacOS)...I bought an iMic to test
out when I switched over to an iBook (no PC slot) for on the road use and
they are the ultimate audio i/o for touring (backpacking) musicians...