White Light From The Mouth Of Scanner

Well, the rumours are indeed true. Having been an admirer of Michael's=20=

Gira work since the early 1980s and having seen every single Swans show=20=

in the UK ever, it seems fitting that somehow through a twist of fate=20
that Michael invited me to create a record for his Young God Records=20
label. Through conversations we thought what an intriguing challenge it=20=

would be to use his entire back catalogue as the source for a new work,=20=

a compression of the entire back catalogue, including his solo work and=20=

The Angels of Light. As such I am sitting here in London with over=20
twenty CD recordings to reconstruct into a new work of 60 minutes.

That's what I like to do on an extended English holiday weekend ;-)

And don't worry, there won't be any world fusion on this release

Robin Rimbaud

Whilst I'm here, people should listen to this if they can:

Hear and Now . BBC Radio 3 . 90-93fm (UK) . www.bbc.co.uk/radio3
Saturday 23 August 2003 . 23.00 hrs BST (22.00 hrs GMT)
Cut & Splice Revisited
  An opportunity to hear some pieces not broadcast in April/May

             Janek Schaefer - Triphonic Revolutions (extract)
        Bernard Parmegiani - La M=E9moire des Sons (complete work)
                 Marie Goyette - Shortcuts (extracts)
              Chris Watson - Vatnaj=F6kull (complete work)
John Cage - Cartridge Music (extract, performed by Quartet=20
Electronische)
         Greg Wagstaff - The Sounds of Harris and Lewis (extract)
             Trevor Wishart - Fabulous Paris (complete work)

              For further information about Cut & Splice see

                     http://www.sonicartsnetwork.org/

        To hear the programme from 23 August until 30 August go to
                       http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3
    Click on 'Hear and Now' under the heading 'Programmes On Demand'