Re: [microsound] listening

>--- Christopher Sorg <chris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> And now back to our regularly scheduled program.
>> What's everyone listening to right now?
>
>dorine muraille- mani
>
>just beautiful...
>
>trying to find out about realted work. i guess she did
>an album under the name Gel previous to this one.
>anyone have any comments on it? how does it compare to
>mani?

a new gel: titled "dolce" is just out on japanese plop (fantastic label
btw), quite similar to "mani", but less interesting IMHO. not a she though,
he's actually called julien loquet, dorine_muraille is a nickname.

>also, i ran across in my web searches the band Mils.
>anyone have anything to say about them?

i don't know much about them. they're french from rennes and they'd be
releasing their third album any day now. i know their second was titled
"sept. masses deplacees" (on uk label grooom disques, the vinyl version has
some extra loops). i've listened to their track on "parapulse tuck"
compilation (c0c0s0l1dc1t1) and it's a hybryd of post-rock and glitchy
electronica. their contact should be: mils.mils@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>and so what are *you* listening to now?
>
>-Thad

let's see...

toshiya tsunoda: o respirar da paisagem (sirr.ecords)
minamo: beautiful (apestaartje)
fonica/keith fullerton whitman/sebastien roux/christopher willits:
e/a/d/g/b/e (12k)
david toop: black chamber (sub rosa)
un caddie renverse dans l'herbe: now there's a weird taste in my
mouth(dekorder)
hans appelqvist: att mota verkligheten (hapna)
glim: music for fieldrecordings  (karate-joe)
87 central: formation (staalplaat)
fonica: ripple (plop)
manon liu winter/franz hautzinger: brospa (grob)
world's end girlfriend: farewell kingdom (third ear recordings)
piana: snow bird (cubic music)
kazumasa hashimoto: yupi (plop)
janek schaefer: skate/rink (staalplaat)
vv.aa.: garden (commune-disc)
boulder ddash: alien folk trash (angelika koehlermann) * a la dorine-muraille
sun: s/t (staubgold) * oren ambarchi pop project plus a bonus remix cd
voks: vaks vanskab ak (dekorder)
desormais: iambrokenandremadeiambroken... (intr_version)

maybe too much?
ciao :: nic

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +

{ { d i s c o g r a p h y } }

z_e_l_l_e | nth | line (http://www.12k.com) aug 2001
"zen enlightenment lifts life energy" on tu M'p3 (http://www.tu-m.com) jan 2002
"shayozoku" on tu M'p3 (http://www.tu-m.com) sept 2002
"tief herz" on lib. (http://www.cubicmusic.com/fabric/index.html) june 2003

UPCOMING
z_e_l_l_e | rjctd::nw | fabric
(http://www.cubicmusic.com/fabric/index.html) aug 2003
"kitanai" on star6_789' v.2 (http://www.star6789.tk/) TBA

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

REVIEWS http://www.12k.com/line/linepress.htm

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

"fonorama"
bi-weekly radio programme (tuesday_thursay hr. 12:15am) on rai-radio3 ::
third channel of italian national broadcasting company)
http://www.radio.rai.it/radio3/esercizi_di_memoria/fonorama/index.cfm

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

columnist on:
"blow up" (monthly) http://www.blowupmagazine.com