Re: [microsound] multitracking in OSX

------=_NextPart_000_1433FB_01C36B40.27FA4D20

I'm actually not sure of the names of the filesystems involved. I just
know that when I ran PT in Klassik mode, it claimed it couldn't read
soundfiles from disk because the filesystem was "too fragmented," which
seems to have meant that it didn't know how to read the OS X filesystem.
I'm pretty sure the OS X filesystem is different from pre-X ones, even
if only because this one implements file permissions and such which
weren't available before. I'm not sure if the same thing would happen if
you ran PT in OS 9 proper.

Pj (Phil)

<-----Original Message----->On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 07:11:12PM -0700,
Phil Thomson wrote:

> even then, I can't confirm whether or not it can read
> the OS X filesystem (HFS+, as opposed to the HFS of non-X OS's).

well, don't let that discourage you - hfs+ has been in use since os9, at
the
latest.

--
yours,
niall.

... .radio.free.destruktobot. ..
playing now: rico and the rudies - brixton cat - trojan skinhead reggae
box set [disc three]