BiP_HOp newsletter

Hello
Hope you are well, been a while so I hope you enjoyed the HOT summer.
The last six months have been quite busy working on the releases of Angel, Scanner &
Tonne, Tonne?s soundtoys, Generation v.6 and double CD of Tennis.

Also quite active setting up shows locally. Highlight when bringing a micro-Mutek
festival for the first time in France, or Sutekh + Johan Skugge in front of 800
people.

We are pleased to announce our new releases :

[reciprocess : +/vs.] vol. 2 :::  Stephan Mathieu & Si-cut.db [bleep 22]
In association with Fällt, we are pleased to present the second volume of our series
document collaborative works between sound-designers.
For some time, Stephan Mathieu "has been trying to reduce his compositional approach
to a minimum by accepting sounds the way they are." Alike his contemporaries Cray,
Pimmon, Taylor Deupree, or Komet he has managed to create his own and particular
sound.
Si-cut.db is composing groovy minimal Dub. Douglas Benford has been releasing music
under this alias for years, he is also the second player in Tennis, and founder of
Sprawl. Next albums to appear on Highpointlowlife and Fallt soon... Si-cut.db is now
on two compilations from the german label BackGround, and the brand new Warpmart
sampler.

Novel 23 : architectural effects [bleep 23]
Roman Belousov is an electronic musician from Moscow, Russia.
Novel 23 started making music back in1997 and released several albums, split EPs,
remixes, and tracks on numerous compilations.
His sound  originates in a combination of computer audio technologies and old soviet
synthesizers, electro rhythms and romantic melodies, which evoke new visions for
curious listeners. "Architectural Effects" was created between 2000-2002. Ten tracks
combines into one conception which is dedicated to architecture. Each track reflects
element of architecture, constructions or styles. Musically it is pure melodic,
blissful electronica.

Douglas Benford and I will be playing a few gigs in Uk in the Fall, feel free to come
say hello? 10.9.03-14.9.03 :::: BiP_HOp uk tour: w. si-cut.db & dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx

09. 09. 03 dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx mixes at BBC Radio One + special program about the label
and interview conducted by Paul Thomas? Stay tuned.

BiP_HOp Generation live event # 43
10.9.03 Sprawl London, Lifthouse
Thomas Jirku (live) + Si-cut.db (live) + Tonne (live) + dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx

11.9.03 Newcastle on Tyne - No Fi event, The Cluny
snd (live) + cathode (live) + si-cut.db (live) + dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx

BiP_HOp Generation live event # 44
12.9.03 Aberdeen, Lemon Tree
Scanner (live) + Si-cut.db (live) + Bovine Life (live) + dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx

BiP_HOp Generation live event # 45
13.9.03 Glasgow, Miso - 13th Note Cafe
Leafcutter John  (live) + si-cut.db (live) + dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx

BiP_HOp Generation live event # 46
14.9.03 Manchester, Burst Couch - Britons Protection Hotel
si-cut.db (live)  + dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx  + D.O.S. + Illuminati

BiP_HOp Generation live event # 47
24.9.03 Paris - Batofar
Sara Goldfarb (live) + Low_Ran + Jean Vince + dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx

04. 10. 03  Arborescence festival - Aix-en-Provence
si-cut.db (live)  + dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx  + lotsa other acts such as Buck 65?

10. 10. 03 Italy - MIlano
SOUP @ Rolling Stone / Etienne De Crecy
+ BiP_HOp Generation night # 48
DJs : ip@xxxxxxxxxxx + Low_Ran + Jean Vince

16. 10. 03 BiP_HOp Generation live radio transmission series # 1
Cabaret Aléatoire - La Friche - Marseille
Köhn (live) + (K-RAA-K) 3 Nonsound DJ set + dj Low_Ran + dj Patrice

08. 11. 03 Baloard / Montpellier
dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx + Syl_n

28. 11. 03  Nancy - Luomo picture opening event
dj/ip@xxxxxxxxxxx

Be prepaired for some records to come out before 2004 :

BiP_HOp Generation [v.7] [bleep 24]
New design for the first chapter in the second series.
Minimal moves for listening pleasures... Almost 80 minutes of exclusive music by :
Taylor Deupree (us), Emisor (ar), Fonica (jp), Fm3 (cn), Ghislain Poirier (ca), Janek
Schaefer [uk]

David Toop & Max Eastley : doll creature [bleep 25]
third album in thirty years from those masters of ambient music... An historical
piece of sound-design that we are proud to issue.

Pan/tone : newfound urban calm (includes a free CD of remixes) [bleep 26/27]
www.techno.ca/pantone
pan/tone has been in the forefront of the Canadian techno movement and has over 28
recording credits thus far (Sub-Static, Revolver, Background Records).

some records I have enjoyed lately :

Neyzen Tevfik (Kalan)
Komet (Audio nl.)
Murcof (Leaf)
Fennesz (Mego)
Jel (Mush)
Terre Thaemlitz (Mille Plateaux)
Sogar (12k)
Ilpo Väisänen (BiP_HOp Generation)
All India Radio (Inevitable)
Luis & Bebe Barron (Forbidden Planet)
Maja Ratjke (Rune Grammofon)
Farbrauschen (Lounge Essenzen v.1)
Veer (Source)
Mika Vainio (Touch)
Edan (Lewis/Solid)
Geoff White & Stewart Walker (Force Inc.)
Pimmon (Sirr)
Pierre Henry (La Reine Verte)
Tennis (BiP_HOp)
Komet (gold / raster:norton)
Luciano Berio
Scanner (Nemesis)
Mitchell Akiyama (BackGround)
Johan Skugge (Mitek)
Desormais (Intr:Version)
Portable (BackGround)
Minamo (Apestaartje)
Rhythm_Maker (BackGround)
Replikas (Ada Muzik)
Cabanne (Logistic)
Warmdesk (Deluxe)
Pan/Tone (Revolver)
Andy Vaz (Sound Variations)
Thomas Jirku (Intr:Version)
Steve Reich
Un Caddie Renverse Dans l'Herbe (Ooze Bap)
Ensemble (rmx Bjork)
Rechenzentrum (Shitkatapult)
Geoff White & Sutekh (drammas with commas)
Kit Clayton vs. Safety Scissors (Carpark)
Tonne (BiP_HOp)
Manitoba (Leaf)
Chris Dooks (Lost Vessel)
Team Doyobi (Alku)
Cordell Klier (Ad Noiseam)
Dat Politics (Skipp)
Apparat (Shitkatapult)
Thilges 3 (Staugbold)
Wonderland Falling Yesterday (Cubic)
Two kindermen (Koh)
Tim Hecker (Mille Plateaux)
You Dee (Onitor)
Maps + Diagrams (Expanding)
Deadbeat (~Scape)
Philip Jeck (Touch)
Akufen (Force Inc.)
Flatic (Plop)
Massimo (Mego)
Dwayne Sodahberk (Tigerbeat6)

Have a nice day
Ip

http://www.bip-hop.com

PS : aside of musical interests, some of you might be interested in this very good
article written by Brian Eno for The Observer.

Lessons in how to lie about Iraq
The problem is not propaganda but the relentless control of the kind of things we
think about
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,6903,1020303,00.html