[sydney] D I S O R I E N T A T I O N

D  I  S  O  R  I  E  N  T  A  T  I  O  N
live electronic audiovisual performance

Wednesday September 10 at
Lanfranchi's Memorial Discotheque
Level 2/144 Cleveland St Chippendale
Entry by $5 donation.
8 for 8.30pm

This month will feature:

Ian Andrews
Bang Lassie
The Dirty Sanchez

IAN ANDREWS began making electronic tapeloop based
music in the early eighties under the name "the horse he's sick"
(among others). During the late 80s he moved more into the
area of experimental film, video art and soundtrack work,
experimented with dub and mutant cut-up hiphop under the
name Target Audience, and various media art, cut-up, culture
jamming projects, worked with modified tapeloop mellotrons
with John Jacobs, and worked with Garry Bradury to produce
music from broken records glued back together (Sanity Clause).
During the early 90s he became immersed in the techno scene,
joined the anarchotechno band "Non Bossy Posse" and the live
scratch video visuals crew Subvertigo, and became involved with
Clan Analogue.  In 1994 he began producing Dub and experimental
drum & bass tracks under the name of Hypnoblob, and began
working on a delinquent house/electro/minimal project under the
name of Disco Stu. Recently he has returned to experimental
music and has also been working with low bandwidth web based
generative sound pieces. http://radioscopia.org

BANG LASSIE. Dave Noyze (UK) (Audio) and Wade Marynowsky
(Video) present a set that explores generative extremes: starting
ambient and out of focus a subtle blend transforms into generative
percussion with glitcher collage video moving further towards
terrible textural destruction and noise. Dave triggering his favourite
synths with custom cellular automata, Wade analysing Dave's
audio to mash video via his lastest Nato patch. First of many
collaborative sets. Noyze: http://www.noyzelab.com
Marynowsky: http://www.imperialslacks.com/wade

THE DIRTY SANCHEZ. UTS Media Arts students Alejandro
Gomez-Sanchez and Jono Ma. Voyeurism with music, samples
taken from an exploration of devices that enable us to watch,
and hear intimacy... who is big brother? really?

DISORIENTATION is a monthly series of events, aiming to bring
together both well-known and emerging artists working in audio or
audiovisual performance. It is supported by:

UTS Media Arts and Production
Lanfranchi's Memorial Discotheque
2SER-FM
2MBS-FM