glitch sample CDs - it had to happen someday....

From: "Phil Thomson" <hellomynameisphil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>So how do people think mcrsnd can maintain its critical edge as >it becomes less and less marginal and emerges more and more into >the mainstream(s)? Or is that important?

Personally? Doesn't matter. The edge moves, and
second-guessing is what Faith Popcorn, et. al.
are supposed to make great hoarking truckloads of
cash doing (and doing poorly). I'll certainly
not begrudge anyone who wants to expend valuable
energy trying to follow the next bit thing, or
someone who might be pissed that their hard-won
currency of cool is in free-fall - I used to
do that stuff, too. After 2 or 3 of those shifts,
I decided to take up my hoe every morning and go
out into the fields. Should enlightenment strike,
I'll put down the hoe and leave. If not, I've got
another couple of rows finished by sundown.

the Practical Cat himself put it this way (sorry
for the regrettable "men" constructions, but it's
a cultural artifact) in "Choruses from the Rock:"

I have trodden the winepress alone, and I know
That it is hard to be really useful, resigning
The things that men count for happiness, seeking
The good deeds that lead to obscurity, accepting
With equal face those that bring ignominy,
The applause of all or the love of none.
All men are ready to invest their money
But most expect dividends.
I say to you: Make perfect your will.
I say: take no thought of the harvest,
But only of proper sowing.

The stuff on either end of this is a bit on
the oracular and moralistic side, but this
bit works for me.

gregory