OT: mp3 player advice?

wondering if anyone has any advice on an mp3 player
unit?

basically im looking for a good mp3 player with lots
of space. i want to convert all my cdrs to mp3s before
they rot :)

im thinking of getting one that i can hook up to my
home stereo and alternatively my car stereo (it has an
aux input headphone-type jack), so it needs to be
portable.  it also needs to have a remote capability,
so i can change tracks at home without always going to
the unit. id also like the ability to record with a
line in into wav format or at least mp3 format, so i
can do field and live recordings with it.

ive looked at the ipod, which is great on looks and
some features but is somewhat pricey, and i dont think
it has the line in record function. a better option
might be the nomad jukebox zen- for about the same
price you get more than twice the space, but still i
dont think theres a line in record capability (correct
me if im wrong). then theres the nomad jukebox 3,
which does have a line input, great audio quality, but
less space. so far the latter is what im considering
most though...

any thoughts? are there other models i might consider
also?

-Thad

=====
Thad Biggerstaff  ~ReSource~  daht73@xxxxxxxxx

"Not to forget, I 'museumize' myself; so that then I pay myself a visit and find me again in all the relics, to hand down memories from one to the other, like a genealogical tree, as if it were morning!" - Massimo Toniutti