Re: [microsound] OT: mp3 player advice?

..
> ive looked at the ipod, which is great on looks and
> some features but is somewhat pricey, and i dont think
> it has the line in record function. a better option
> might be the nomad jukebox zen

I bought a Nomad Jukebox, a 2002 model, to replace my minidisc=
 recorder for live recording.  Great idea on paper.

But the Nomad had serious (intermittent) problems saving files of=
 more than about 45 minutes (at 44.1 stereo) after recording them=
 -- even when there was plenty of room for them on the drive.  I=
 would suggest checking web forums, googling, etc., to make sure=
 this isn't an issue with current models.

Anya