19.09.03 - framework playlist

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C389A8.1CB0DD90

framework is broadcast live alternate fridays on resonance fm 104.4 in =
london (uk), or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com between 8:30 and =
9:30pm gmt,
and repeated the following wednesday between 11:00am and 12:00 noon gmt
~ time zone converter for live airing: =
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/?h=3D8&mn=3D30&ap=3Dpm&mo=3D10&d=3D3&y=3D2=
003&f=3DGB=20
~ time zone converter for repeat airing: =
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/?h=3D11&mn=3D00&ap=3Dam&mo=3D10&d=3D8&y=3D=
2003&f=3DGB

next live broadcast: 03.10.03 (TONIGHT!), 8:30pm
repeat airing: 08.10.03, 11:00am

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE =
HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND =
OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: =
HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

=20

-------

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized =
sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

first off, i'm excited to announce that framework has been included in =
resonance fm's morning repeat schedule.  Between 6am and 12 noon, the =
loop of archive material that plays during our off-air time (1 am until =
noon the following day) will be replaced with a regular schedule of =
repeated material from the previous week's broadcasts.  hence each =
edition of framework will be rebroadcast at 11am on the wednesday =
following live airing, hopefully giving those of you in a less =
convenient time zone, for instance, the chance to listen in.  i will =
also try to get playlists done and out before the repeat, so that if you =
see something interesting, or some of your own material broadcast, =
you'll still have a chance to catch the show.  happy listening!

this week we began with an intro featuring my very own other mother =
annette lissauer (thanks annette!), as well as a few tracks from a =
compilation on vienna's transacoustic research label, and one track from =
a fantastic 3" cd of electro-magnetic subway recordings by rob =
mullender.  we then moved on to our guests' proposition, another =
offering from french sound artist jean-luc guionnet (groundfault, =
afflux, etc), this time in collaboration with bertrand denzler, =
improviser and co-member of their band hubbub.  on his previous visit, =
jean-luc covered the resonance studio in a web of contact mics, and =
performed a live mix of local sounds and unheard recordings made on his =
train voyage to the uk; this time he and bertrand proposed a different =
sort of project:  at 10am on the morning of the broadcast the artists =
and their equipment arrived in abney park cemetery, stoke newington, and =
set up a pair of stereo mics inside the tower of the ruined chapel in =
the middle.  a 34 minute recording was made of the cemetery's ambiance =
amplified by the strange acoustics of this tower, punctuated by a series =
of improvised 'sound events' produced from varying distances and with =
various objects by jean-luc and bertrand.  this recording was then =
broadcast in the evening, unheard, creating a very curious and =
mysterious soundscape...

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw =
field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction =
submissions (details below).  send material, released or not, on any =
format, to the address below.   we are also hoping to have live =
performances as often as possible, so if you are in or passing through =
london please get in touch!=20

=20
framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework@xxxxxxxxxx

-------

19.09.03

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

annette lissauer  /  framework intro
recorded in a cornfield along the south down's way in southeast england, =
featuring wind, planes, and a dropped camera
a.lissauer@xxxxxxxxxxx

rob mullender  /  moscow  /  metro magnetics  /  staalplaat
magnetic field recordings taken with homemade mics inside the subway =
system of moscow (vancouver and london also featured on the release)
robmullender@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.staalplaat.com

vegetable orchestra  /  leeks  /  hearings (compilation)  /  =
transacoustic research
okay, maybe not exactly a field recording, but this groups vegetable =
instrument construction is pretty fascinating nonetheless!
http://www.gemueseorchester.org/, http://www.iftaf.org

murmer  /  untreated contact mic recording of wind and sand against a =
long metal fence on a beach in portugal
murmer@xxxxxxxxxx

das fax mattinger & gerald rossbacher  /  hearing 15  /  hearings =
(compilation)  /  transacoustic research
unidentified crackles, pops and hums; tapes and, perhaps, radio or vinyl =
static?
http://www.iftaf.org

jean-luc guionnet & bertrand denzler  /  live(ish) in the resonance fm =
studios
well, it was live that morning in the cemetery, anyway...
http://www.kunstradio.at/BIOS/guionnetbio.html, =
guionnet.jean-luc@xxxxxxxxxx, =
http://www.actuellecd.com/bio.e/denzler_be.html, =
denzler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-------

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your =
choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in =
composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears =
and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish =
speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an =
mp3 via email

thanks!
------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C389A8.1CB0DD90--