Re: [microsound] playing laptop outdoors

on 10/13/03 5:46 PM, leyton at leyton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> hi,
>
> just played up the mountain over the weekend..and of course had
> forgotten how hard it can be to see the screen of a laptop outside.
> have used big hats/beach umbrellas in the past!...anybody have some
> interesting/useful tips on the subject.

Although I've never seen one for laptops, a lot of monitors intended for
high-end graphic design have hoods available. I would bet that someone makes
something similar for laptops. At a newspaper I used to work at, we made
them out of cardboard and they worked just fine. Basically all you'd need to
do is take a sheet of cardboard as long as the height+height+width of the
screen and bend it so it covers the top and the sides. Affix it with the
adhesive-backed tape of your choice and you're ready to go.

Jonathan Hughes
www.jonathanhughes.com | www.dronelab.com | www.opalinemusic.com