Re: [microsound] idea: touring laptop musicians forum redux

> It means nothing
> I now a lot of professional musicians and they are making very=
 bulshit
> borring music...
> hein! Mister C... :-)

I live in NYC where "artist who makes a living with their work"=
 is too often the preferred euphemism for "trust fund baby." =
 Those of us who were not born into wealth struggle to make a=
 living any way we can, and it's only getting harder in recent=
 times.  Of course we're going to resent the implication that not=
 making a living exclusively with art makes us unworthy of being=
 part of a professional list.

I understand Kim's impulse for a separate list, but I think it's=
 also understandable that the way he expressed the list's elite=
 nature is really bothering people on the list.

Anya