Re: [microsound] klanghausen and droplift projects

hi

( 03.10.23 08:57 -0700 ) Kim Cascone:
> anyone droplift anything yet?

i did some last night, and it was definitely worthwhile. i used the
droplift project as an excuse to make a cdr of a lot of the computer
music i made in the past year [some of it for .microsound projects].

last night i went out to eat at a bar with music. i thought that would
be a good place, but i never got the spark.

so later, we wandered around town and stopped into a used bookstore to
browse- perfect. i droplifted one in the poetry section right about
where my last name would have put it [the books were not in exact
alphabetical order].

then we got some coffe at a shop where a lot of students were hanging
around, reading, studying whatever [at the table next to us, a guy was
reading nietzsche's _beyond_good_and_evil_]. again, perfect. i left it on
a table next to an open text book [had some equations and graphs and was
at least 200 pages].

there's a whole bunch of stuff going on.

on the one hand, i'm releasing something of myself out into the world.
so that's why i wanted to leave them in the right places. on the other
hand, i'm hoping for happy accidents- like someone will get it, listen
to it, and enjoy it [in some way]. on the third hand, i remember someone
wrote in about a south american writer who did this with some of his
poetry- and he ended up getting work out of it. and this is not even
mentioning the fourth hand [subverting capitialism], or any of the ten
thousand other hands that all wave around krishna [or whomever ...].

so- i'm going to do it again. it seems like i'm putting good karma in
the bank by doing it [although some of them may end up in the trash, or
broken, or whatever].

like sending a message in the bottle onto the open ocean. you hope that
something good will happen as a result, but it's up to the labrador
currents, or a friendly whale, or the wheel of time ...

--