SF - MATMOS WORK WORK WORK

MATMOS DO IT IN PUBLIC FOR 96 HOURS
MATMOS
Thursday, November 6
7 PM SHARP
$6 / $3 for senior citizens and students / Free to
Museum Members
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
701 Mission Street at Third
San Francisco, California

>From November 7th to November 23rd, Matmos present
"Work Work Work" a residency and installation at the
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. To kick off the
installation, Matmos will perform live at the opening
on the evening of Thursday, November 6th. Please note
that the show is at the early hour of 7 PM sharp, as
the museum closes promptly at 8 pm.

What is a Matmos installation like, you ask? In this
case, we have decided to take the word "residency"
literally, and the entire Matmos home recording
studio, complete with teacups, overstuffed chairs and
wolkskin rugs will be set up in the gallery space.
Martin and Drew will be on hand in the gallery working
on music every day during its normal opening hours of
Tuesday through Sunday, from 11 AM to 5 PM, with the
occasional lunch break. In the mornings Drew will be
interviewing museum goers and making songs about them,
and in the afternoon Martin will host guest performers
and improvisers.

Over the course of the installation's sixteen days you
can expect some visitations from People Like Us,
Wobbly, Lesser/Blevin Blectum/Sagan, Thomas Dimuzio,
Jim Haynes/Coelacanth, Kalonica McQueston, and many
others. We're not sure of the entire star-studded
schedule, but we can tell you who's on for the first
few days: on the afternoon of Friday, November 7th
Mark Lightcap will present a solo piece based upon the
soundtrack to "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid",
and on the afternoon of November 8th the Dick Slessig
Combo, comprised of Mark Lightcap on guitar, Carl
Bronson on bass, and Steve Goodfriend on drums, will
perform. We hope you will feel free to drop by,
introduce yourself, and have a listen to at least a
few minutes of the 96 hours of our installation.