[microsound] Re: no OS

--part1_a.384a356c.2ce55190_boundary

Hello Kevin: I am glad that my attitude is offensive. I don't wish to be a
role model for youth in some caricature role that the tabloid media expect of
footballers or athletes. If the  procreative/birth/death cycle is satisfying to
others, fine but you don't need consciousness just to do that.. That is where
the joke comes in. The paradoxes of all societies are at the same time
interesting and depressing. Eg: without military/industrial science I would not be
able to type this letter. Another myth: modern technology makes life easier
/improves quality of life, by creating all these wonderful things we have (and to
an extent most of us couldn't manage without them); [leaving aside the issue
of the 3rd World] [Keep it simple, Chris] Yet everyone is working more hours,
spending more time travelling to work, becoming more dependent on having a car,
a phone, a computer, having to buy more new clothes, etc. Some people even
have second/third/fourth jobs.  In the end you have to fit the company image(ie:
be less yourself, even in Social Services), have less time for your family :-
actually spending time with your kids (and I don't mean taking them to
Disneyland), you only have time to eat shit food (Macdonalds or microwave) you don't
get much time to procreate, or better still have sex; you rarely have time to
spend in idle banter and at the end of the day you end up too fucked to do
any thing but sit down and watch mindless soap operas and superficial bipolar
documentaries on TV. I could rant on. So what do you need consciousness to
follow the status quo. I'm not going to change the world, the masses ain't going to
listen to me, nor do I think I'm any sort of messiah. However, maybe we
should question the way things are, try to step aside from too much participation
be disillusioned with same old answers and alternatives. All the usual wide
eyed proposals to change the world always end up with a bunch trying to impose
their wills on the rest of us. My own little paradoxes include: finally being
able to make noisescapes by using computers (I happily admit to being unable to
play any acoustic instrument, proficiently), I find working a fixed 9 -5
allows me time to be creative, go to gigs, and fuck my partner, and I like drinking
wine. I could give up the job if someone will give me the dosh, but I
wouldn't want to give up the other 3. Now there's positivity for you!!!

--part1_a.384a356c.2ce55190_boundary--