Re: [microsound] noise?

--0-1692110791-1068888908=:33091

totally in agreement wiht Reed!!!
also, noise is dealing in audio sensitivity tout-court...somenthing like an "ocean of noise" to dive in...if you don't go deep inside you don't feel\ear\see better
ciao
urkuma

www.sanfocahotel.com

David Reed <reedreedreed@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I really think you are over-intellectualizing the whole thing. If you
don't like it of don't "get" it then don't listen to it. No one is
forcing you to listen to noise. If you want to be analyze something into
insignificance just listen to jazz. For me personally, really good
harsh noise connects with the lower portions of my brain-stem...more of
a transcendental feel in the lizard areas of my brain than something I
sit and dissect as some kind of worthless musicological endeavor. The
same thing that hits me when listening ot good metal hits me when
listening to good noise. Think of it more along the lines of a
religious experience and less like sitting around trying to impress your
friends or girls with your intellect. I am assuming you have some sort
of Arts degree and love to show off all the accumulated knowledge you
have gained...maybe I am wrong but I have encountered this attitude
before. Enjoy your stay in the Ivory Tower of academics.
That said: it helps to listen to a ton of noise and be familiar
with how certain sounds are generated to appreciate it better. For
instance: listening to Merzbow's Venerology was at first totally
overwhelming (but connected with a primal/atavistic part of me). Now
that I know how he is generating sounds and I listen to it as I would
anything else but it still retains its impact.
Maybe you don't care. I just feel the need to defend things you so
easily discount because of some hard-wired personal bias. Remember that
just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is not valid. In
conclusion I have to say that you ARE missing the point. Sorry about
your luck.