Re: [microsound] Buy Nothing Day? - [Authoritarianism inAdbusters... The Authors and the -Ism]

I go out and spend money on myself and my friends and family.  Thank you all
for staying home and helping cut down on traffic :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "graham miller" <grahammiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 11:48 PM
Subject: Re: [microsound] Buy Nothing Day? - [Authoritarianism
inAdbusters... The Authors and the -Ism]

i for one love consumerism. it fills that deep void of happiness in my life.
so
warm and fuzzy.

regardless, on buy nothing day i just double my pirating of music and
software
to overcompensate. did i say double? make that triple.

bling bling.

g.

"tobias c. van Veen" wrote:

> I like Buy Nothing Day.
>
> But here are some questions to pose to Adbusters:
>
> http://www.quadrantcrossing.org/blog
> http://www.quadrantcrossing.org/blog/C277523597/E283721992/index.html
>
> [Authoritarianism in Adbusters... The Authors and the -Ism]
>
> "Adbusters sprouts from my hometown of Vancouver, and I1ve watched?&
> subscribed to?its culture jamming rag for several years. Every year, I
> approach within millimetres of unsubscribing from this glossy epic. The
> reasons are varied, and usually to do with a heavy-handed bluntness to
their
> jams, a simplification of issues, or more generally, a lack of meditative
> and critical content in favour of neverending copies of pharmaceutical and
> weapons advertisements and poorly-researched rants against
Opostmodernists1