[microsound] UGTV Benefit Broadcast Party December 20th

Subject: UGTV Benefit Broadcast Party December 20th

unitygain:
new york's intimate platform for real time electromedia performance

happy holidays!

UG TV Holiday Benefit Party @ DCTV
Sat. December 20th
YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN US in the studio! Doors will open at 9pm with
complimentary refreshments courtesy of Pearl Vodka and an informal screening
of excerpts from our first 2 seasons of live electronic intermedia
television programs... Then at 11pm we'll launch into a full on 3 hour live
unitygain electromedia seance featuring integrated collaborative realtime
audio-visual performances by:
Ben Neill - Bill Jones - Bitshifter - Bubblyfish - Charles Cohen - Chris
Jordan - Giles Hendrix - Lance Blisters -Naval Cassidy - Raz Mesinai -
Valued Cu$tomer  mystery guests* [ TBA...
*pamelia kurstin * tony conrad ???]

All 3 hours will be webcast (thanks to our friendly neighbors at "Democracy
Now") from a live link at unitygain.org (there should be both broadband and
modem friendly streams available) and taped for subsequent rebroadcast in
the weeks following... The final hour of performances will be cablecast live
in our regular unitygain television slot 1AM (Sunday morning) MNN [Manhattan
Neighborhood Network] Ch 34 (TW) or Ch107 (RCN) ...

So please join us for "the celebration of the thing" then stick around to
experience "the thing itself" or tune in from home if you have manhattan
cable - or link to the live webstream from unitygain.org
We will 'seat' up to 60 people in the cyberstudio for the performances
$12 donations (to benefit future programs) will be accepted at the door...
email <benefit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> to reserve for reduced admission [$8] list.
This event is free to all artists who have ever performed at a unitygain
event.

DCTV cyberstudio 3rd floor of the landmark firehouse at 87 Lafayette St -2
blocks below Canal at White St - all subway lines to Canal within walking
distance. [As it turns out - this will be the last event of any kind to be
held in the DCTV cyberstudio till it reopens after extensive renovations in
September 04 - so if you've never seen the space, now's the time.]

This UGTV event is made possible with support from the Manhattan
Neighborhood Network Community Media Fund, the Lower Manhattan Cultural
Council MCAF program, the Experimental Television Center's Presentation
Fund, and generous in kind support from DCTV [the Downtown Community
Television Center] Thanks to all!

"Every "object" presupposes the continuity of a flow, every flow, the
fragmentation of the object."  gD & fG
http://unitygain.org