Re: [microsound] Good day...snow day!!!

i suggest solvent's 'solvent city' album for melody. some of the most
beautiful retro 80s analogue instrumental synth pop you'll ever hear. i've
been hooked on the thing since the second i got it. really simple little
808 grooves with tons of gorgeous analogue basslines and totally addictive
melodic hooks. no folk in sight though (thank god). if he had a singer,
he'd be a millionaire.

g.

p.s. this might be too obvious, but as far as 'folktronica' isn't beth
orten doing the queen of that sort of thing? beck's last one is also very
nice - sea changes - great string arrangements and beautiful psychedelic
production - but not very electronic...