Re: [microsound] Re: Read this on the Coil list (last time)

I took great insult to his comment given that the Raster guys are my friends + he was insulting anyone bought their material....so why take such ignorant comments lying down? + the folks on this list had a right to see some guy more or less putting them down them down as well.

enough said.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Patrick Carey
  To: microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 5:28 AM
  Subject: [microsound] Re: Read this on the Coil list (last time)

  * "yatra arts" <yatra-arts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  >>>"I find Raster-Noton pretty much a joke and one a lot of buffoons
  >>>are falling for: #1 find software geeks who have absolutely no musical
  >>>talent; #2 make a lot of crappy computer twitters; #3 sink more efforts
  >>>into packaging than quality control in terms of music; and loads of
  >>>stupid Europeans, eager to part with their money, will drool over
  >>>- Jon Whitney

  >>Didn't this s**t go far enough over there?  Why bring it up here,
  >>or keep it alive at all?  Those who know Jon, know he "goes off"
  >>like this.  Who cares about _his_ opinion or insults if _you_
  >>like the music?  There are more than a few folks here who read
  >>both Microsound and Coil...

  * "yatra arts" <yatra-arts@xxxxxxxxx>:
  >hit the delete button if you don't want to read it

  Of course, the answer to everything. :-)

  Just questioning the relevance of telling everyone here
  "what Jon Whitney said".  Again, who cares (about ONE,
  sometimes annoying, bloke's opinion)?  We know that _most_
  folks here (microsound) like Raster artists, so why post
  _just_ to rally people against someone who isn't even
  subscribed?

  I'm not a friend of Jon's (just familiar with his list
  behavior), but he would laugh to see how many replies
  this got.  If anything, you're just giving him more
  satisfaction. :-(

  My last words, since I don't know why I bothered...

  [ Why does everything posted to a mailing list without
  complete clarification have to be taken as an attack? ]

  -P