Re: [microsound] Fwd: [idm] Sign Petition for CBS to run MoveOn.Org TV ad

the actual ad choosen or voted
for is actually pretty lightweight.
i liked the one w/ the solider fighting
and discussing bush's various economic
cuts, war budget etc.

-

On Thursday, January 22, 2004, at 10:06 PM, Brian Klein wrote:

crap. as long as i sent that to everyone, i might as
well point out that i sent the wrong link. its
actually http://www.bushin30seconds.org
there was probably a link on the other site though.
not sure.

--- Brian Klein <btk3782@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
there was only one ad they were going to air and it
was the winner of a competition. check at
http://www.moveon.org
some of the ones that didn't win are pretty good
and/or funny too. i only watched the finalists,
though. there were about a thousand entrants,
supposedly.

--- scott allison <lipistal3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is interesting to me... advertising media
guidelines are often spelled
out. I would be interested in seeing which ads the
below campaign wanted to
run, why is it that cbs is refusing to run them?
Dont get me wrong, I am not
in favor of pro-bushness in anyway. But I have
worked on ad campaigns before
that publications would not run/air because they
feared ligigation
issues/lawsuits etc or they might contain
imagery-words or references that
the station did not like, I find this to be a
interesting form of
censorship, thats why I think it would be
intersting
see the ads side by
side, maybe almost have a site where it shows the
ads the white house got to
run next to the oppsoing-denyed ads so people
could
see really what CBS
decided to turn down, it would then have a
possiblilty of showing the public
just exactly where that stands stands politically.

CBS is refusing to air ads created by the Bush
in
30
Seconds ad contest and the People for the
Ethical
Treatment of Animals, even though the White
House
will
be allowed to run one. As we enter an election
year,
it's critical that our media institutions be
fair
and
open to all speakers. That's why we're telling
CBS,
"don't play politics with free speech. If the
White
House can run an ad during Super Bowl, other
groups
should be allowed to run issue ads as well."

Rethink your business approach for the new year
with
the helpful tips here.

For additional commands, e-mail:
microsound-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx