Re: [microsound] ancient generative music

I've used recordings of wind chimes before. A friend of mine has some family that runs an art gallery/garden, and they have all these huge windchimes inside and outside. So I went to recording those at night before. I never made a piece strictly out of those recordings. I guess I could have, but I just sprinkled those sounds into other pieces I've done to spice things up. It is definitely a really nice sound to work with. Makes me think of possibly doing some real time processing of some of those, but I'll probably just leave the future chime work to someone else (though I am real time input processing crazy right now, so ya never know). If you do get into your more DSP work on reaktor or whatever there is a directx plug in called 'enigma' that is in the Waves Gold Bundle that does several things, but it has a wind chime preset that sounds pretty realistic. You might give that a shot also.

Gerg

--- graham miller <grahammiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
how about the windchime as generative music? just struck me as i was
walking home listening to the sounds of the street... it doesn't get any
more chaotic or unpredictable than air molecules floating about...
maybe i should hold back on the reaktor and just get a haul a bunch of
windchimes on stage with me:)

g.