RE: [microsound] any comments on reaktor?

I find Reaktor nice for fast prototyping/sketching of ideas. It is also a
great tool for learning more about synthesis and dsp. However, it doesn't
have nearly the depth or power of things like MAX, pd, or Csound. If you
feel like you know a lot about synthesis, dsp, or whatever you are using it
for, you can probably skip right to MAX/pd/Csound and save yourself a few
hundred dollars. However, if you feel like you're in the dark about the
details of these things, Reaktor is an excellent place to start, and can go
quite a ways.

- Scott