FW: [microsound] microsound kiosk - adorno

On 1/15/04 9:35 AM, "Julian Knowles" <julianknowles@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am not an Adorno expert by any means, but when I encounter his
> writings, I often find it hard to get past the extreme marxist politics
> which tend to result in some very broad (and in many cases)
> indefensible generalisations in relation to so-called 'mass culture'
> (a concept which I am very wary of as a rule!!!!).

You should spend more time in the third world and see how American mass
culture is marketed all over the place.  Once you see that, see how various
national cinemas, for example, have died because of Hollywood's predatory
spectacle, you start to develop a real appreciation for Adorno.