[microsound] promotional logjam

please don't read me wrong about posting promotional material...on the one
hand promoting the culture (sound art, microsound, post-digital, digital
media, your-name-here, etc) enriches all of us and I encourage this sort of
info to be passed along...the thing I don't appreciate as a subscriber is
the deafening roar of promotional content overtaking the intellectual...if
you want to post promotional content this is fine so long as it adds to the
general 'cultural economy' of the list...just to make sure to perhaps also
post a link to some music or to an article you think might spark debate or
discussion...
so please let's all relax and just try to be conscious of adding to the list
in some small way...it's about achieving a balance between the commercial
realities of culture vs the intellectual...it doesn't take much input on an
individual basis when 1500 people share little stimulating factoids or
opinions once a week or so...

again, think of promoting something on the list as taking money out of a
bank account and posting ideas or music as putting money into a bank
account...