Re: [microsound] the landscape(s) of microsound

on 14/1/04 9:56 pm, Glenn Bach at gbach@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

 I have a question for the group.  How many of you practitioners are
 influenced or inspired by a sense of place in making your work?  By
 place I mean a specific geographical location (the city or town in which
 you live or were born, or visited), a dialogue between general and
 specific space (desert ecology vs. Joshua Tree, CA), or a sense of the
 vernacular landscape (apartment buildings, public plazas, billboards,
 freeway overpasses, storefront signage, etc.)?

i certainly am. i think i am drawn towards a relaxed and melancholy sound becuase my life is so busy, and living in new york city can be overwhelming. so my music balances that out.

perhaps if i moved to the desert in arizona, like i'd like to one day, my music would become more frenetic....

?

taylor

-- .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12k | LINE | HAPPY WWW.12K.COM

NOW:
CD: Taylor Deupree Christopher Willits [Audiosphere/Sub Rosa]
ARTICLE: "12k/LINE label profile" E/I Magazine http://www.ei-mag.com
ARTICLE: "Return to Form"  Artforum November 2003
BOOK: design works in "CD-Art" book [ Rotovision, UK ]

SOON:
CD: participant on Bip Hop Generation v.7 [Bip-Hop, France]
CD: "Conquer Me" on Soundcultures [Mille Plateaux, Germany]
CD: January [Spekk, Japan] Jan2004