[microsound] Frank Bretschneider "Party of two parts EP" OUT NOW !!!

hi all and a happy nu year at last from the underscan crew !

we are proud to announce a freshly delivered release
by frank bretschneider.

the second offering in our 10" series that was set of by scanner last year
and will continue with a release by rechenzentrum further on this year.

check out the flash flyer with audio samples from this release:
http://www.underscan.de/flyer/us10.02.html

Frank Bretschneider / Party Of Two Parts EP / 10" vinyl lim. 500
(for pressinfo text please scroll down !)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

also coming up:

events:

NBI / berlin
16.01.04 /w menu:exit live presenting their new material !

underscan label nite at dachstock bern / switzerland
24.01.04 /w frank bretschneider and menu:exit
also check: http://www.r3s3t.ch/event/20040123/

releases:

menu:exit / Vool ep / 12" vinyl lim. 500
out in march 2004 !!!

onethema / bits and pieces ep / 12" vinyl lim. 500
out in april 2004 !!!

rechenzentrum / no. 3 in our 10" series
release date to be announced

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

have a great start into 2004 !

all the best from underscan...

////////////////  http://www.underscan.de ////////////////////////

artist:    FRANK BRETSCHNEIDER
title:     Party of two parts EP
type:      10² (lim. 500)
cat.-no.:  us10.02

1    Party of two parts            04:14  (Side A)
2    And it comes out here         04:12  (Side B)
3    Expecting someone taller      05:05  (Side B)

After the successful first release in our 10" series by Scanner we are proud
to present the second offering by prestigious Frank Bretschneider.

Bretschneider is one of the leading electronic music composers with a long
history in music making. This release now reflects another side of
Bretschneiders work.
More funky and seducing than ever before. Having found and using samples
from his old band (AG Geige) he creates complex variations of simple loops
that keep changing endlessly. Not the typical Bretschneider sound one would
expect and thus still redefining his own habitus.

Born and raised up in East Germany he studied graphic and painting, before
he started
to explore the worlds of electronic music in 1986.
In 1995 he co-founded the well known Raster-Noton label. He has critically
acclaimed
releases under his given name on Mille Plateaux and as Komet on12k.
Bretschneider has created some of the most influencial spacial electronics
of the last
years, unlike so much output in the microscopic music scene, his music has
always
flourished with activity.

Precise sound placement, volume levels and the contrast of tones in
Bretschneider¹s
production makes his compositions uniquely captivating. Bretschneider goes
beyond
the plug-in or plug research electronics. He redefines the genre by
rendering the parameters
playable, reentering the musical domain with unprecedented ease.
Bretschneider discovers the complexity of the virtual: microtonality,
clicks, complex rhythm
textures, melodic fragments. A perfect musical body. Bretschneider succeeds
again in
progressing the new age of laptop production and delivers a stunning
exhibition of sound.

Bretschneiders Concept
³I create my music with a modular computer-aided synthesizer system, under
the use of
classical synthesis techniques (subtractive and fm-synthesis).
Using two of the most basic sound-sources, sine waves and white noise, I
create short
(one to four bar) parts; all motions and progressions come intobeing from
the
(often unconventional) connected modules (lfo¹s, oszillators,filters,
envelope generators,
logic modules). This (partly chaotic) sequences I record to a harddisk
system for further
treatment (cutting, looping, filtering).The results are minimal, flowing,
interwoven structures,
determined by experiment and chance; representing my idea of a contemporary
music.²