[microsound] invitation to the new chmafu nocords project

Hello,

I would like to invite you to the new chmafu nocords project. Guidelines below.

Contact me (off-list) if you have any questions or if want to participate in the project.

Thanks!
maru

Here are a few guidelines for the new project:

Read and record the first sentence (and/or the last one) of your favorite (or most hated) book. The sentence MUST be in your native language! (For example my favorite books are all in English..... so I can't use my favorite book for this project unless I translate the sentences).

Send the recordings to chmafu@xxxxxxxxxxx
You can send .wav or .mp3 files. If the file is smaller than 1 mb you can send it in an email without asking first. If it is larger than 1 mb you MUST ask before you send it via email.
Of course I would prefer though if you could upload large files to the net and send me the URL where I can find them (if you don't have webspace to upload it to, please contact me)
I always prefer .wav files. If you must use .mp3 please use the highest possible resolution. I'd say 192 kbps should be minimum!
Naming conventions: The file should have your name first, then the name of the book and the language.

Feel free to invite others!
This is a chmafu nocords list project. Only those subscribed to the list can participate. If you know someone who wants to join this project, please tell me their email address and I will invite them. (This is just to make things easier for me. It isn't necessarily fun to search for all the addresses of those that aren't subscribed, comparing the list of subscribers to the one of participating musicians, and other things that just steal time and energy....... I hope you understand)

I would like to collect as many different languages as possible for this project. So if you know someone who doesn't want to participate but who could provide us with a sample of an exotic language, please ask them to do so. In this case it would be great if you could send the file or give me the guy's contact so we can transfer the file.
For contributors of language samples (that do not want to participate in the musical part of the project) it is not necessary to subscribe to the list.

As soon as there are enough samples I will upload them to the net and you guys can use them for your compostions.

The resulting works will be published on a cd-r compilation on chmafu nocords. Each participating musician (a band counts as 1 musician in this case) will get a free copy of the cd-r.

-- chmafu nocords - www.nocords.net www.cafeshops.com/chmafu_nocords