[microsound] (ot) the words "may" and "might"

has anyone noticed the influx of the words "may" and
"might" in tv commercials lately? ie "...may reduce
your cholesterol" or "...might reduce heart disease".
On one hand I find this hilarious that this is
happening (see later), but on the other I hope people
don't get sucked in by this new form of marketing
thinking "may" or "might"= "does".  On another hand
(the third hand :)), I'm surprised that it has taken
companies this long to try this new angle.  The
opportunities are hilarious for others to run with
this; examples that came to mind: "(insert your fave
musician/food/activity/whatever here) may reduce your
cholestrol and might reduce heart disease".  picture
this court scene: judge "why did you do that?" accused:
"well, your honor, I had read that doing so might lower
my cholesterol and might lessen my chances of heart
disease."  Heck, maybe in the promo for a future
release, I should include a sticker on the outside of
the package that says "purchasing this album might
reduce your cholesterol and may reduce heart disease"!
Just a random thought. Andrew Duke

Jason Trenholm was born 31 August 1969 and died
1 January 2004.  We met when we were 5 years old;
he was my best friend for the next 29 years.*****
Andrew Duke releases out now:
Take Nothing For Granted http://cognitionaudioworks.com
Environmental Politics http://and-oar.org
Sprung http://bip-hop.com
http://warprecords.com/mart/music/release.php?
cat=BLEEP12&fc_type=CD
*Canadian electronica album of the year nominee*
More Destructive Than Organized http://staalplaat.com
Highest Common Denominator http://pieheadrecords.com
Physical and Mental Health http://dialrecords.com
74'02 (split with Hypo) http://tsunami-addiction.com