Re: [microsound] Fwd: GAMEBOYZZ ORCHESTRA PROJECT

Nice event. Do you use any gameboys (color)? How do you program them?
Have you ever seen gameboy tracker?
(http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~tjeerd/freeware/gbt0.zip)? What do you think
of it? Please keep microsound posted about gameboys, they rule :) !

Tjeerd Sietsma

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:52:31 -0800, "Kim Cascone" <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> GAMEBOYZZ ORCHESTRA PROJECT
> http://gameboyzz.terra.pl
>
> !! GBZZ CONCERT IN LILLE !!
> The parallel World Robots! -50°//N
> [23/01/2004 - Lille, France]
> in the framework of:
> Lille 2004. European Capital of Culture
> http://www.gameboyzz.terra.pl/event.htm
>
> and
>
> !! GBZZ FORUM ON-LINE !!
> Official discussion board for members, fans and friends.
> We hope to see you soon there!
> http://gameboyzz.board.dk3.com/2/
>
>  Gameboyzz Orchestra Project is an experimental sound - visual project,
> basing on the use of GameBoy console as a music instrument. Main
> assumption
> of project's authors is to create new sound space on the base of tones
> generated live from console during the performance. Group is active since
> 2001, currently with six players. Project is curated by WRO Center for
> Media
> Art from Wroclaw, Poland and supported by Lukas Toys Sp. z o.o., Nintendo
> representative.
> The reason for creating the Gameboyzz Orchestra Project was the total
> lack
> of any artistic initiatives and activities connected with the cult
> GameBoy
> console.
> The GameBoy console is an 8-bit handheld computer. Its unusually weak
> (archaic) technical parameters were a challenge and became the reason for
> creating the "gameboyzz orchestra". Our idea is the creation of a new
> sound
> space on the grounds of sounds generated live with the GameBoy Color
> console.
>
> All the best,
> Marta Klonowska
>
> GBZZ manager