Re: [microsound] Pure Data -- was JunXion -- was the Xobsen

All platforms can also use Pure Data, which has a joystick object which accepts data input from just about any game controller. The incoming data can be converted to MIDI numbers, and this could be used either inside PD or sent to some sort of MIDI junction for use by other apps. Linux has a midi-loopback in the ALSA drivers, I seem to recall something called Midi-Ox for PC, and I am pretty sure that OSX has some sort of native MIDI patchbay as well.

D.

tobias c. van Veen wrote:
MAC people can just use this:

http://www.steim.org/steim/junxion.html

But it's done.  I can now plug 3 nintendo controllers into my PC and use
them as MIDI controllers.  Furture versions of the software will implement
multiple drivers to allow all kinds of crazy custom controllers.  The
plans, software, etc., is located here:
http://www.noiseusse.org/lab/xobsen.htm

This only works for PC users as far as I know.  Sorry mac-heads.

best,

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 146:
"Spectrum analysis"