[microsound] latinoamerica

> Hi everyone, I am really confused about certain comments.
> Is anybody here under the impression that people in places like, let's say
> for instance: latinoamerica; have no access to computers? Believe it or not,
> people used to ask me if we had credit cards in latinamerica, I used to say:
> "Yes, we have one, but only the chief is allowed to use it".
% yes, this is unfortunately true...Mexico, Central and South America always
seem to be omitted (or downplayed) from tech statistics...on the flip side:
I was once told that Brazil's music industry is bigger than Germany and the
UK combined...and there are many top notch computer music research centers
in South America...so I don't think of Latin America as being
tech-impoverished...

%% regarding credit cards: if you want to go to a country that has very few
credit card owners and lacks the infra-structure to buy things on the
Internet then go to Bosnia...that being said though you can buy Windows XP
for ~10 Euro at the local market in Sarajevo ;)