Re: [microsound] white middle class music

My apology to Canada which has a very evolved and interesting electronic music culture with an impressive history. Those who live in Canada are of course as evil as the rest of us ;=)

I also generalized by using the word "white". I dont think skin-color has anything to do with this. I myself live in europe, have all the money I need and then some. I'm as much part of this as anyone else.

Perhaps it would be wiser to use the term "geopolitical zones" rather than specific country names.

But I stand by my original statement. What is available on P2P is what interest a very limited demographic young middle-class audience in europe and northern america. Before I answered this I picked 40 CD:s from my shelf and found only five (5) of the artists on P2P. These are not difficult or particularly fancy records, just records I bought on travels and in various stores around town here. Those five found were all US artists or english speaking european artists.

Without having any clue or real data to back this up whatsoever I'd even claim that microsound music sits neatly and exclusively in the western  middle/upper-class. Is this a problem? I dont think so, not as long as you are aware of it.